Discrepancies when viewing LookML dashboard vs the actual LookML

Banging my head against the wall with an imported project issue and I’m hoping someone can point out something obvious I’m missing … 

I’m bringing in a LookML dashboard via a remote project import. I’m making changes in the remote project, and I see that those changes are reflected in the project that is importing the file. However, when I actually view the lookml dashboard, there are discrepancies between what’s shown in the dashboard view vs. what’s in the actual lookml.

It’s almost like Looker’s caching the LookML dashboard & not reflecting a live version of the source code?

The gif below shows the lookml dashboard title doesn't reflect the contents of the `title` parameter in the dashaboard's lookml. I've tried changing a couple parameters, but they all have this same issue

lookml front end vs code.gif

0 3 252
3 REPLIES 3

The same thing happens with view fields:

field discrepancy.gif

If you're looking to import the dashboard from a Base project and then modify it in a separate project, I think you need to use the 'extends' parameter like so:

- dashboard: customer_ltv_rfm
  extends: [customer_ltv_rfm_base]

Make sure that the 'Base' dashboard file AND the new modified dashboard file are included in the model of the separate project.

For the refinement View, make sure that the Base project view is included at the top of the file and then add the "+" in front of the view name to establish that it's a refinement view. 

include: "//base_project/views/daily_plan_to_actual.view"

view: +daily_plan_to_actual {

Then make sure that the refinement view is included in the model of the separate project.

Top Labels in this Space