Custom fields usage

sandsp

Hello everyone,

We have used a good number of Custom Fields to cater for some nuances in various looks and their usage will only grow.

Is there a way to identify all Looks that have Custom fields? This will help with any impact analysis further down the line.

Regards,
Sandeep

0 2 756
2 REPLIES 2

Have you used i__looker before? I think I figured out a way to do this pretty reliably. You’ll want to fire up the look i__looker explore (not system activity) at https://yourinstancename.looker.com/explore/i__looker/look, and filter on Query > Table Calculations.

The filter that worked for me is a matches advanced with %{^"measure^"%,%{^"dimension% as the value. If you select the Look ID or Link and run the query, this should return a list of all the looks with measure/dimension type “table calculations”, which is how we refer to custom fields in the i__looker model.

Let me know if that works! I don’t have a lot of custom fields on the instance I’m testing on, so would be keen to know if this works or not.

sandsp

Hi @izzymiller,

That worked perfectly. Thanks for that! I had not used i__looker before but will definitely be using it frequently going forward.

Regards,
Sandeep

Top Labels in this Space