Custom field data not matching data using custom filter.

I've created a custom field to bucket site sections using a case statement based on page path. However - this is giving me incorrect Users & Sessions & is instead aggregating Users & Sessions across the page paths I've used to define my custom field. 
When I do the same thing with a custom filter I get the correct totals. 

Example:

CASE

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Page path, ".*/pagepath/abc.*") THEN "ABC"

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Page path, ".*/pagepath/xyz.*") THEN "XYZ"

ELSE "Other"

END

When I pull in any distinct metrics (Total Users, Active Users, Sessions, etc.) instead of giving me the distinct number of Total Users (for this example) - it is aggregating users for each of the individual page paths that fall into that grouping (regardless if I have page path broken out in my report)

When I created a filter using the exact same method (page path contains /pagepath/abc) I get the correct number of distinct Total Users. (Using the filter in the Chart Setup - not using a Control Filter)
Why does it work one way and not the other? Is there a way to correct this with the custom field? I need to use a custom field so I can break out multiple fields at a time & to use a checkbox control filter.

Custom field where page path contains /pagepath/abc -> aggregating distinct users
Custom filter where page path contains /pagepath/abc -> correct distinct users
1 0 385
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space