Copy / Paste single cell values from table visualizations

When I create a table visualization there are times when I want to copy a single cell value exactly as it is in the cell. I do not want to copy an entire column of values and I do not want to open a new window. I have tried to limit the number of rows to one and then to copy “all” the values in the column, but then the column name is copied as well. I only want to copy the value in the cell.

For context, the Sales Team is using table visualizations in Looker to identify meaningful string type values and then they need to use the string outside of Looker. Re-typing the cell value is possible, but is not as efficient and robust as copy / paste.

Alternatively, if it was possible to copy the value from a dashboard filter that would work.

Is there a way to copy values from a single cell to paste elsewhere?

Solved Solved
1 8 2,518
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1cfbd687-8f7b-4c14-888a-e1016ca49519.png
This is the response I received from the Looker Support Team on Wednesday. 

Looks like this feature is a legacy feature, but won’t be deprecated after all! ?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Isn’t copying working for you? I actually did this yesterday. Had a data table with outlier data with IDs, i clicked in the cell (or double-clicked) and even though it didn’t look like it was highlighted, it actually copied the value to my clipboard

Isn’t copying working for you? I actually did this yesterday. Had a data table with outlier data with IDs, i clicked in the cell (or double-clicked) and even though it didn’t look like it was highlighted, it actually copied the value to my clipboard

Hey @Dawid, thanks for responding. Nope, copying isn’t working. I triple checked that when the cell value is clicked (single or double) it is not copied to my clipboard.

There is no indication of an option to select, copy, or even highlight a single cell. My machine runs on Windows 10 and I am using Google Chrome to access my Looker instance.

SoBBeN

I’m getting the same issue, wasn’t a issue before this only started for me like 3 months ago.

When I double click I can see the cell getting highlighted for a half a second or so, and then I do get the value copied to my clipboard: 

4220babd-3414-449c-8e54-c958bc948dcc.png

Just to note, the highlight you can via hovering is not that strong

I also can't copy to my clipboard by double-clicking. (Chrome on macOS)

Are you using any Chrome extensions? @Dawid

@masutaka @SoBBeN @Dawid  This has become a Legacy Feature.

To implement on your instance you may need to visit Admin > General > Legacy Features and toggle Allow double click to select text in textarea in Table Visualizations.

The documentation sates this feature may be automatically disabled in about 7 months, however, after connecting with the Live Chat support, it seems this feature may not be disabled after all. ???

I do not use any Chrome extensions but I do have the feature enabled:

ce66fe86-abdb-443a-ae23-7af3ab78a0fd.png

Can’t undersand why they would want to get rid of 😕

1cfbd687-8f7b-4c14-888a-e1016ca49519.png
This is the response I received from the Looker Support Team on Wednesday. 

Looks like this feature is a legacy feature, but won’t be deprecated after all! ?

Top Labels in this Space