Check the performance of each tile of a dashboard

Hello community,

I have this personal dashboard to check the performance of each tile for some specific dashboard that was created by the data scientists, since it’s one of the tasks when i’m checking the data quality.

One of the tiles on the dash that i have created is a merged query by using the History (as primary one) and Dashboard explores. It displays History Completed Time, History Query Link, Dashboard Title, Dashboard Explore, History Total Runtime in Seconds.

Both explores have Dashboard ID as filter, that is affected by the value that i enter on the dashboard filter and used Query Fields Used and Dashboard ID from both explores as merge rules. So, after running the dashboard that i’m testing few times, i check the runtimes from the history explore, but i want to see more information about the tiles that are related to the queries.

Usually, it displays everything correctly, however often there are cases where the tiles on some specific dashboard use the same fields (with different filters) and i get duplicate records. Let’s say three tiles use the same fields but different filters i will get 9 records instead of 3, which is expected according to the merge rules.

At first i tried adding the Query Filters/Hash/ID/Link/Created Date as well, but unlike in the Dashboard explore, the values for these fields can change in the History explore and i’ll end up missing some records from the result set, since it will be outside the merge rules. Besides these i’ve tried so many different common fields from both dashboards to use it as merge rule but nothing was working as it should.

Is there some easier way to do this or am i missing something? Please help :no_mouth:

Thanks!

0 1 780
1 REPLY 1

Hey Antonio!  

Thanks for this, was trying to figure out how to get started and this helped enormously!! 

I found that, providing you don’t have Dashboard Element Title dimension in there, you should be able to add the Dashboard Element Total Query Tiles measure to aggregate those together.

Alternatively, as I have, you can just add the element title to distinguish between the tiles 😉 

Top Labels in this Space