Change Point Size in Scatter Plot

Hi All,

Is there a way to adjust the point size for the points in a scatter plot in an explore?

I have a pivot table visualized as a scatter plot but the points are too big to see them properly. I can't figure out how to change this. There's an option to size points by field which isn't that useful for my application, but no option to set your own size that I can see.

0 3 1,903
3 REPLIES 3

Hello

The ability to adjust the point size for the points in a scatter plot within a data exploration tool depends on the specific tool or software you are using for data visualization. However, in many data visualization tools, you can customize the point size based on your preferences. Here's a general approach that might apply to many visualization tools:

1. Check Chart Customization Options: Start by selecting or clicking on the scatter plot in your data exploration tool. Look for customization options or settings related to the scatter plot.

2. Point Size Option: Within the customization options, you may find a parameter or setting that allows you to adjust the point size. This setting is often labeled as "Point Size," "Marker Size," or something similar.

3. Customize Point Size: Once you've located the point size option, you can typically adjust it by specifying a numerical value. Smaller values will make the points smaller, while larger values will make them larger.

4. Apply Changes: After adjusting the point size to your liking, apply or save the changes to update the scatter plot visualization.

You can take guidance from https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Looker-Forums/ct-p/looker-forums/SAP Analytics Cloud Certification

Thank you.

Hi @stevediaz,

Thanks so much for your engagement in the Google Cloud Community. We believe that GEN/AI LLMs like BARD and CHATGPT are amazing, growing resources for users to find help with pressing issues. We want to make sure that responses are thoughtful, organic and take into account the nuance of member questions. 

Most of these tools are "experiments" and are still learning. While use of GEN/AI is welcome, we want to ensure we're being transparent. In future, if you're using a tool to assist with answering, please be sure to indicate that your answer/response was generated in whole or in part by AI and cite your sources, when possible. 

Thanks for being a member of GCC! 

Not sure it will work but you could add a field with just a numeric value and try using & adjusting that to size the points.

Top Labels in this Space