Can we chart cross filtering for chart and table in different page?

I have bar chart in page 1 and table in page 2 that contains of data details of the bar chart in previous page (page 1).

I want to enable cross chart filtering so when i cross filter the bar chart in page 1, the table in page 2 also filtered. Is it possible? If yes, how to do it? thank you. 

0 1 1,435
1 REPLY 1

HY,BRNDP

Yes, it is possible to implement cross-filtering between a chart and a table located on different pages or sections within a web application or dashboard. Cross-filtering allows the interaction between visual elements, such as a chart and a table, where selecting or filtering data in one component dynamically updates or filters the data displayed in another component.

Here's a general approach to achieve cross-filtering between a chart and a table on different pages:

1. **Implement Data Binding**: Ensure that both the chart and table components are bound to the same dataset or data source. This allows them to display synchronized data.

2. **Event Handling or Interactivity**: Use event handling or interactivity mechanisms provided by the charting library or framework you're using. For example, if you're using JavaScript libraries like D3.js, Chart.js, or others, they often have event handling functions.

3. **Apply Filters**: When a user interacts with one component (for instance, selecting a data point in the chart), capture that interaction and apply the corresponding filter(s) to the underlying dataset.

4. **Update the Table**: Once the filter(s) are applied, update the data displayed in the table according to the applied filters. This might involve refreshing the table's data source or applying filtering logic to display only the relevant subset of data.

5. **Maintain State**: Ensure that the state of applied filters or selections is preserved when navigating between different pages or sections. This can be achieved by storing the filter settings or selected data points in a shared state, such as a global variable or a state management system (if using frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue.js).

6. **Synchronize Components**: Implement mechanisms to ensure that when users switch between pages, the components are synchronized to display the correct filtered data.

Remember, the specifics of implementing cross-filtering can vary based on the technologies, libraries, or frameworks you're using. Some libraries or frameworks might have built-in functionalities or plugins to facilitate cross-filtering and synchronization between components.

If you provide more details about the specific technologies or tools you're using, I can give you more targeted guidance or examples on how to implement cross-filtering between a chart and a table on different pages.

Top Labels in this Space