/queries endpoint always returning 404

Hello,

I'm running into what I think is a bug with the Looker 4.0 REST API. The /queries<query_id> endpoint is always returning 404, no matter whether we have access to the query or not. However, the /queries/slug/<slug> for the same query is returning correctly. The user account associated with the client_id and client_secret has the admin role with access to all permissions and all models.

1 4 469
4 REPLIES 4

We have the same issue. any news on this?

This is due to the Disallow Numeric Query IDs (Recommended by Google Cloud) being enabled in the Legacy features. The Query IDs are being decommissioned and you'll need to update the endpoints to use the slug 

Thanks for the response! It appears that this was turned on for a number of our customers without them doing anything. You also mention that query ids are being decommissioned. I didn't notice anything in the API reference or release notes that mentions that. Could you share where we should go in the documentation to keep up to date with this? I want to make sure we don't run into these issues again.

It auto enabled in the 24.2 release which is probably what your customers were seeing - in 24.8 query ids are scheduled to be disabled from API calls - https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/legacy-feature-schedule#disallow_numeric_query_ids