How can I make my Looker Extension Framework extension not be sandboxed?

In the Kitchen Sink extension example, there is a component SandboxStatus, which I understand determines whether the app is sandboxed. When I run the kitchen sink extension in my instance of Looker I always see that the extension is always sandboxed, which blocks the ability to use the embed SDK. My question is how can I use the embed SDK in a Looker Extension to embed a Look?

This sandboxed status seems to be blocking me. I have tried to use the Looker embed SDK with the following options with no luck:

LookerEmbedSDK.createLookWithId(id as number)
.withSandboxAttr('allow-same-origin', 'allow-scripts')
.build()
.connect()

I have run into multiple issues changing the arguments to “.withSandboxAttr” with more than one attribute.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have no issues running an extension and using the Looker API within the same application.

Solved Solved
0 1 522
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be resolved. The error that was showing up was in the developer tools console saying that the document was sandboxed. That message no longer shows up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be resolved. The error that was showing up was in the developer tools console saying that the document was sandboxed. That message no longer shows up.