Embed directly to "edit look" UI

We are embedding looker into our application so that users can create and edit looks through the embedded UI. There is no option to allow users direct access to looker.

Customers have given feedback that it is not at all clear how to edit looks. The “cog” in the top right is hard to see (and invisible if the look is not hovered over - not user friendly). We have a page that lists reports and ideally we would want to add a button there that directly opens the look in edit mode. Is there some way to do this, possibly by pass something like #edit into the embed url ?

2 3 333
3 REPLIES 3

JoeR

@Ben_Edwards while I don’t have an answer, I have a similar question for the Looker folks. I am embeddeding looks as you are but also embedding dashboards. It would be AWESOME if we load the dashboard in “Edit mode” already activated - without making the user directly click the Edit button.

I am wondering if there is a way to “call” the click action of the buttons from outside the Looker IFRAME? Looker provides a way for the IFRAME to communicate out. I’m looking for a way to communicate back in. 🙂

If I find a way, I’ll let you know

Hi folks, @Ben_Edwards @JoeR 

have you ever figured out if it is possible or found some neat workaround? 🙂

Same question here.