Capture value of templated filter to using this value in if statement

Hello,

Does anyone has experience in writing lookml code which is able to capture value of template filter (I would like to use date range entered by the user) ?

Link from web about template filter value and using it in conditions:  https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/templated-filters#templated_filters

After capturing the template filter value have you also used this in some if/case statements ? The two  statements I want to apply :

1. If the period selected in template filter is less then 25 full weeks please use 25 full weeks starting from the end_ date value entered to template filter.

2. If the period selected in the template filter is more then 25 full weeks please use period selected by the user.

Thanks. 

0 1 252
1 REPLY 1

I believe you can achieve this by using `date_start` and `date_end` with date filters. Below is an example:

# Define a filter
filter: date_filter {
type: date
}

SELECT
FROM
  your_dataset.your_table
WHERE
  CASE
    WHEN DATE_DIFF(DATE_ADD({% date_end date_filter %}, INTERVAL 1 DAY), {% date_start date_filter %}, WEEK) < 25
    THEN your_table.date_column BETWEEN DATE_SUB(DATE_ADD({% date_end date_filter %}, INTERVAL 1 DAY), INTERVAL 25 WEEK) AND  {% date_end date_filter %}
    ELSE your_table.date_column BETWEEN {% date_start date_filter %} AND {% date_end date_filter %}
  END;