unattended access to personal Google Photos album without 'publishing' an 'app'?

I have built a python based Photo Frame displaying an particular Google Photos album images - intended for my parents to hang on the wall and loop through 100 or so images unattended.

All good, but only for 7 days. As the 'app' is not 'published', after a few days it asks again for consent as the refresh token can no longer be refreshed. 

If I try to 'publish' it says that it requires 'verification' - and going though the process of making and maintaining public 'apps' is a whole other level of involvement. 

Showing the consent screen every week will also not work for my use case:  my elderly parents will have no idea what that consent screen is and what to do with it; they(me) would need to plug in a keyboard and mouse with a hub to type in credentials; ideally it should be running on Raspbian 'lite' due to low RAM available on raspberry pi zero 2W, which would mean no web browser (well, maybe Lynx or something, if that is even supported by google oauth).

My google skills are lacking 🙂 If you have any prior experience or recommendations on how to access own photos unattended it would be great.

Thank you 

0 0 190
0 REPLIES 0