Getting "The rollout failed with deployFailureCause: RELEASE_FAILED." with releases to Cloud Run

Every time i try to create a release in Cloud Deploy for Cloud Run service, i get this error "The rollout failed with deployFailureCause: RELEASE_FAILED." and the logs do not help much.

I thought it was my config, but then i followed some basic tutorials such as https://codelabs.developers.google.com/cloud-run-app-deployment-with-cloud-deploy#0 , https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/devops-sre/deploy-to-cloud-run-with-github-actions and more :  It still fails. 

1 13 524
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @faramanio  , thank you for reporting this issue! We are working to address this and will respond as completed.

Thank you @sanderbogdan! i'm glad that this is actually an issue on Google's side.  I thought i was doing it wrong every time, for a week+ now.  

Hi @faramanio , the quickstarts were updated yesterday and can be used in the interim. We are working on fixing the container reference in the console, now.

To temporarily fix the issue in the console, you can use the following Cloud Run container image when creating a new Release through the Cloud Deploy console.

us-docker.pkg.dev/cloudrun/container/hello@sha256:6063adf8f687702b4065151acddba6781c47bc602167eb9f3bec8aebc9ce95cc

Hi @sanderbogdan , i'm still getting a similar error with this new image : The rollout failed with deployFailureCause: RELEASE_FAILED. (Release render operation ended in failure.)

By the way, It doesn't just happen with the image tutorials but also with my own image, which i can successfully deploy to Cloud Run. It's whenever i try to do it through Cloud Deploy release that it fails.

Hi @faramanio , are you able to navigate to the release render logs to determine what the issue is in further detail? You can find those logs beneath 'Release details' page (https://cloud.google.com/deploy/docs/view-release) / Artifacts tab / render logs. This should show you the Release render logs and hopefully provide more insight into why the render is failing. Thank you.

Hi @sanderbogdan, sorry for the delay. I got busy with other things.

I just tested the quickstart again and it didn't work 😞 

You can find those logs beneath 'Release details' page 

There is no release, it fails at rendering with the message "The rollout failed with deployFailureCause: RELEASE_FAILED(Release render operation ended in failure.)" and there is no rows to display  under Artifacts tab / render logs. The deploy phase is aborted. 

Hi @sanderbogdan I tried again with a fresh project and it worked. Once i try it in my current project which contains other resources, it doesn't work. I can't find what is the problem. The permissions are set and the APIs are enabled.

This is what it looks like : Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-04 um 23.09.33.png

That is great to hear (and also strange)! I am unclear why a render failure would occur due to a project configuration setting, the only idea I could imagine is that may have been some permission issue(s) on the specified or default SA performing the render operation.

I'm getting The rollout failed with deployFailureCause: RELEASE_FAILED(Release render operation ended in failure.) on a deployment in us-west1 re-using some config and scripts that worked in the past - so is this some issue still ongoing?

Hi @iajs , can you kindly share more details? Is this a Release that had previously succeeded but is now failing?

Thank you, Sander.

I'm having the same issue. It worked in the morning. Now in the end of the afternoon releases are not working anymore. There is no change in the code and there is no helpful error log 

Hi Micael, can you kindly provide a bit more details on the specifics of the error message(s) you are seeing for the release creation? Thank you.

im getting some error today, and there is no logs can help, if anyone are passed this things, please write here the workarround