GCP project deletion problem

I'm trying to close a google account, but it says I have to delete an associated google cloud project first. The delete option is greyed out on the 'manage resources' screen, so I can't. I've made sure I've added all the roles mentioned in documentation, but it still won't let me delete. Can anyone help me? I think the project is associated with a long defunct app - might that be the problem? If so, what should I be looking at and doing? Thanks! I'm not at all technical, so even trying to post this is tricky - I have to choose a location and a label, but I have no idea what any of the language means.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Diana_F 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

In your case, you may want to check this guide on how to delete or shut down a project.

If you are not able to delete the project, you may follow these steps:

1. Access the services on the left side, select IAM & Admin
  2. Verify your account has the Organization Admin role or Owner.
  3. If you're unable to delete a Folder, you can edit the roles assigned to your account and add the Folder Admin role.
  4. If you're unable to delete a Project, you can add the Project Deleter role.

On the side note, kindly secure a backup of important data before you delete your project. 

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a ticket on our support team.