Cloud Scheduler & Colab

Hello? dear colleagues! Really need your help.

I wrote a Python script in Google Colab. The code is being used to upload data to Google Sheets on a regular basis. I need to run it every day at a specific time automatically. Is there a way to do it with Cloud Scheduler?

1 1 65
1 REPLY 1

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Zolottko,

I am not an expert in this area, but did some sleuthing and found instructions that might be helpful:

Set up Cloud Scheduler:

1. Go to Cloud Scheduler: Navigate to the Cloud Scheduler service in your Google Cloud Console.
  2. Create a Job: Click "Create Job".
  3. Configure the Job:
    • Name: Give your job a descriptive name.
    • Frequency: Use the cron-like expression to define when you want the job to run (e.g., 0 8 * * * to run at 8:00 AM every day).
    • Target: Choose "HTTP" as the target type.
    • URL: You'll need a way to trigger your Colab script through an HTTP request. There are a few options here:
      • Cloud Functions: Create a simple Cloud Function that runs your Colab script when triggered. Use the Cloud Function's URL as the target.
      • Direct Colab Execution (Advanced): You could potentially find ways to execute Colab notebooks directly via HTTP requests, but this might involve more complex authentication and setup.
    • Authentication (Optional): If your Cloud Function or Colab execution endpoint requires authentication, you can configure that here.