Access blocked: authorisation error

Here is the URL of the Looker link created through my Google Cloud console: https://4cebee34-9182-4631-89cd-8b9b0aa9ef99.looker.app/

Once clicked, getting this message:

Access blocked: authorisation error

rajeev@techcosec.co.uk

The OAuth client was not found.

If you are a developer of this app, see error details.

Error 401: invalid_client

Is it due to the fact that subscription for Google Workspace associated with (PII Removed by Staff) has expired. However, I could access Google Cloud console with this id ((PII Removed by Staff)) that has also startup credits remaining.

0 2 2,294
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @DigitalSplendid!

Make sure that you did not miss any step while setting up your Looker instance. See documentation. Also, make sure that you have the required permissions. 

Before you create a Looker instance:

1. Configure the user consent screen, scopes, and test users.
  2. Generate the OAuth client ID and client secret.

During Looker (Google Cloud core) instance creation - When you're creating the instance, add the OAuth client ID and client secret in the OAuth Application Credentials section

After you create a Looker (Google Cloud core) instance:

1. Add the authorized redirect URI to the OAuth client.
  2. Manage users.
  3. Edit the OAuth client for a Looker (Google Cloud core) instance

Additionally, take a look at Admin setting - Google Authentication.

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!

Hello @Marramirez 

Thank you for providing the steps to troubleshoot the issue ,  I am also experiencing the same issue once looker instance once its created , Unable to access using URL .  we are getting error "Access blocked, This Apps request is invalid"

Could you please provide below steps in more details , or any reference link would be really appreciated.

After you create a Looker (Google Cloud core) instance:

1. Add the authorized redirect URI to the OAuth client.
  2. Manage users.
  3. Edit the OAuth client for a Looker (Google Cloud core) instance