Google Big Query Cost

Hi guys!

A couple of day ago, my Big Query cost are getting higher, looking the cost per day, i found Big Query costs in weekend, but i don't use it.

My tables are being used by some queries, views and Google Looker Studio.

How can i solve this?

1 2 469
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Garbriel,
There can be multiple reason why your costs are increasing in bigquery
with information given in the question it is hard to tell what is issue but here are some things you can look into
Also please change the topic label to Bigquery instead of Bigtable

1. Scheduled Jobs or Queries: Check if there are any scheduled queries, jobs, or tasks running over the weekend that might be utilizing BigQuery resources. Sometimes automated processes might be running without your direct knowledge.

2. Views and Materialized Views: If you're using views or materialized views in your queries, they might be getting queried over the weekend even if you're not directly querying them. This could lead to unexpected costs. Consider checking if these views are being accessed more frequently during weekends.

3. Scheduled Data Refreshes: If you're using data from external sources that refreshes on a schedule, the data refresh process might trigger queries in BigQuery. Check if any data sources are being updated over the weekends.

4. Google Looker Studio: Since you're using Google Looker Studio, it's possible that there are scheduled reports, dashboards, or data exploration activities happening over the weekend that are generating queries against your BigQuery tables.

Hi @Pedro_Gabriel

Welcome to the community and I appreciate you reaching out for help.

I understand that you are having concerns with the increasing cost of your BigQuery services. A few possible reasons might be causing this; 1. you might have scheduled queries running in the background and 2. there might be other users/ members in your project who are utilizing your queries, tables or datasets.

One quick way to control this is to restrict the number of bytes billed

You can limit the number of bytes billed for a query using the maximum bytes billed setting. When you set maximum bytes billed, the number of bytes that the query reads is estimated before the query execution. If the number of estimated bytes is beyond the limit, then the query fails without incurring a charge.

You can also review these resources to further your understanding with cloud pricing.

Hope this solves your problem.