The caller does not have permission Cloud Composer

Hello, so currently I want to create cloud composer in service project using shared VPC from host project.
I already put roles for my Composer's Service Account in service project:  Cloud Composer API Service Agent, Cloud Composer v2 API Service Agent Extension, Composer Shared VPC Agent, Compute, Network User, Editor
and put roles for my host project's Compute Engine default service account in service project as a Editor.

and I put roles for my Composer's Service Account in host project: Cloud Composer API Service Agent, Cloud, Composer v2 API Service Agent Extension, Composer Shared VPC Agent, Compute Network User, Editor, Kubernetes Engine Host Service Agent User, Service Account User

but got result of 

tyaranipuspa_0-1689153022143.png

could you please help me?

Solved Solved
0 4 7,256
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems like you've assigned a comprehensive set of roles to your service accounts. However, the error message "The caller does not have permission" still suggests that there might be a missing permission or role.

Here are a few additional things to consider:

1. Project IAM Admin Role: Ensure that the service account has the resourcemanager.projectIamAdmin role. This role provides permissions to administer IAM policies on the project, which might be necessary if your operation involves changing IAM policies.

2. Shared VPC Admin Role: If you're using a shared VPC, the service account might need the compute.xpnAdmin role on the host project. This role provides permissions to administer shared VPCs.

3. Service Account User Role: Ensure that the service account has the iam.serviceAccountUser role. This role allows the service account to act as itself, which might be necessary for certain operations.

4. Service Account Key Admin Role: If your operation involves creating or managing service account keys, the service account might need the iam.serviceAccountKeyAdmin role.

5. Check for Conflicting IAM Policies: If you have an organization-level IAM policy that's more restrictive than your project-level policy, the organization-level policy might be preventing your operation. Check your organization-level IAM policy to ensure it's not conflicting with your project-level policy.

6. Check for Service Account Disablement: Ensure that the service account you're using hasn't been disabled. If a service account is disabled, it can't be used to authenticate or authorize operations.

If you've checked all of these and you're still getting the error, it might be helpful to get more information about the exact operation that's failing. The error message should include a tracking number that you can use to look up more details about the error in the Google Cloud Console's Activity page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It seems like you've assigned a comprehensive set of roles to your service accounts. However, the error message "The caller does not have permission" still suggests that there might be a missing permission or role.

Here are a few additional things to consider:

1. Project IAM Admin Role: Ensure that the service account has the resourcemanager.projectIamAdmin role. This role provides permissions to administer IAM policies on the project, which might be necessary if your operation involves changing IAM policies.

2. Shared VPC Admin Role: If you're using a shared VPC, the service account might need the compute.xpnAdmin role on the host project. This role provides permissions to administer shared VPCs.

3. Service Account User Role: Ensure that the service account has the iam.serviceAccountUser role. This role allows the service account to act as itself, which might be necessary for certain operations.

4. Service Account Key Admin Role: If your operation involves creating or managing service account keys, the service account might need the iam.serviceAccountKeyAdmin role.

5. Check for Conflicting IAM Policies: If you have an organization-level IAM policy that's more restrictive than your project-level policy, the organization-level policy might be preventing your operation. Check your organization-level IAM policy to ensure it's not conflicting with your project-level policy.

6. Check for Service Account Disablement: Ensure that the service account you're using hasn't been disabled. If a service account is disabled, it can't be used to authenticate or authorize operations.

If you've checked all of these and you're still getting the error, it might be helpful to get more information about the exact operation that's failing. The error message should include a tracking number that you can use to look up more details about the error in the Google Cloud Console's Activity page.

thankss!!!

Have you found what the issue was? I dont understand what has changed this week. I have a daily build of cloud composer that runs daily and it broke all of a sudden due to this missing permission...

Hi

I'm getting the same permision error!
Have you got your issue resolved?
if so which of the above permission solved this issue?

TIA

Arav