Policy Tags Not Appearing When Trying to Add To Column

Confirmed I have the Policy Tag Admin role but when I go to add a policy tag on a column when hitting "Edit Schma" none of my policies appear that I created. It's been > 30 minutes since I created the IAM changes to grant myself the admin role, and I confirmed the API for this feature is enabled. See the screenshots below as well.

noahessence_0-1708025575135.png

image (4).pngimage (5).png

1 1 115
1 REPLY 1

It seems like there could be a couple of reasons why you're not seeing the policy tags you created when attempting to edit the schema. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:

• Verify Role Permissions: While you mentioned that you have confirmed having the Policy Tag Admin role, it's worth double-checking that the role indeed has the necessary permissions to manage policy tags. Sometimes, there might be specific permissions missing despite having the correct role.
  • Ensure Policy Tag Creation: Make sure that the policy tags you created are associated with the appropriate columns. Sometimes, if a policy tag isn't associated with any columns, it might not show up when attempting to edit the schema.
  • Refresh Permissions: Sometimes, permissions take a bit of time to propagate fully. Although you mentioned it's been over 30 minutes, refreshing your session or logging out and logging back in might help ensure that your permissions are up to date.
  • Check for Errors: Look for any error messages or warnings that might indicate why the policy tags aren't appearing. Sometimes, there might be specific issues with the tags themselves or with the service that's preventing them from being displayed.
  • Review API Usage: Ensure that the API for managing policy tags is being used correctly. If there are any issues with the API calls or configurations, it might affect the visibility of the policy tags in the schema editor.