Near real time updates for Looker -DB Options

Hi,

I am using looker with Google Sheets. I am updating Google Sheets every 5 mins but Looker gets updated every 15 mins. I researched on this and it appears that the sheets integration update cant be reduced to less than 15 minutes looker update.

Some options that were suggested was to use BigQuery but I am not sure about the cost, also my data is not very large - about 60 K to & 70k daily records (& about 30 columns) and most analytics queries would focus on day / week / this or last month's data. 

Or is there any other way in which I could force update Looker studio through a cron function every 5 mins.

Regards,

dbeings

0 2 637
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dbeings

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to our community.

I get that you are looking for ways to update your Looker Studio data the shortest time possible. As you mentioned, Google Sheets integration shortest data refresh is 15 minutes, while pro users have a feature that allows them to refresh report data every 5 minutes.

There are no documents available that explicitly discuss data refresh through cron jobs at this time, maybe you can consider using chrome extensions (at your own risk) that offer flexible data refresh intervals as an alternative.

I hope this helps.

@lsolatorio thanks a lot. But I am facing issues in subscribing to pro. While trying to upgrade to Pro from Looker studio, it doesn't recognize the valid GCP project I entered. When trying to subscribe to Looker Studio Pro from GCP, I get subscription error. Screenshot attached.

Would be grateful on any pointers on how to fix this.

GCP and Looker screenshotsGCP and Looker screenshots