Historical Google Ads account data via GBQ Data Transfer.

Hi! I am trying to retrieve historical data on cost and clicks for a Google Ads account via Data Transfer in Google Big Query. However, unfortunately, I only get data for the day the transfer script was run. Could you please advise how I can obtain data for the entire existence of the account? Unfortunately, I could not find an answer to this question in the help 😞

Thnx!

5 1 139
1 REPLY 1

You must be looking for backfill run, I believe the data transfer service supports up to 180 days per request. You will need to finish the previous request before running a new one. To see the steps for backfilling please see the steps here

1. In the Google Cloud console, go to the Data transfers page.

Go to Data transfers

2. Select your transfer from the list.

3. Click Run transfer now or Schedule backfill. Only one option is available depending on the type of transfer configuration.

• If you clicked Run transfer now, select Run one time transfer or Run for specific date as applicable. If you selected Run for specific date, select a specific date and time:

• If you clicked Schedule backfill, select Run one time transfer or Run for a date range as applicable. If you selected Run for a date range, select a start and end date and time:

4. Click OK.