Strange button beside avatar.

@Roderick 

What is this new "button" shaped icon which we sometime see on some community member? 

Snag_11dae23d.png

@takuya_miyai 

Solved Solved
1 14 1,531
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hopefuly "under the watch by google" doesnt mean they intentionally mess up your work. haha

View solution in original post

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Koichi_Tsuji,

Apologies for not posting the announcement in AppSheet regarding the Innovators.

Please see the following posts in Google Cloud:

Coming soon ‌👉‌ Google Cloud Innovators recognized in the Google Cloud Community 

Google Cloud Innovators and Community join forces to boost your success  

Thank you,

Michelle | Community Manager

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I think is "Google cloud Innovators Plus" subscription. I noticed mine once i started.

Probably not.

I dont have that icon, while my team mate does have recently, both are under the same GWS account. 

Probably, someone "under the watch by google" carry such a batch? haha

Hopefuly "under the watch by google" doesnt mean they intentionally mess up your work. haha

I gave you a solution.

Thankyou

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Koichi_Tsuji,

Apologies for not posting the announcement in AppSheet regarding the Innovators.

Please see the following posts in Google Cloud:

Coming soon ‌👉‌ Google Cloud Innovators recognized in the Google Cloud Community 

Google Cloud Innovators and Community join forces to boost your success  

Thank you,

Michelle | Community Manager

OK..... 

I have words, but I refraing from out there..... 

Does not make sense in terms of Google criteria. There are bunch of contrbuter (not me) who are not apprecreated by this programme. (I m not offendijng to the ones who got those batches)

Google needs to know anyone who are active in this (AppSheet) community is working not to get such batches, but to improve this platform as volunteer.........

There are more things for Google team to do to run the community to consider this kinds of things, but better to : -

1. Keep your eyes on single words from the community member.

2. More active/proactive imvolvement rather thant leaving the community alone to run by the volunteer.

3. Provide more precise/sharp information to help the citizen developpers.

4. Improve the level of the support.

I just stop, it would be endlesss....

This is one of the good example Google does not know how to run such a publich community......

Before the google, this community was perfect to run..... but. (zip)

People would not be encouraged here in this appsheet commuity by introducing such a "batch" sytem at all. For me, I dont like that . (other may like, but i dont care...)

If Google wish to run the community well like Appsheet team (before Google time) then consider how they follow their own path. Learn from history to get better.  Google lost "best practise" ex-Appsheet team made after getting AppSheet.

Hey there @Koichi_Tsuji -

Sorry for the delay. The whole team is at Google Cloud Next this week, so we're juggling a lot.

I appreciate your feedback. We're working with the Innovators Team to activate and recognize Champions in this Community. We hope that these groups of experts will bring their energy, perspectives, and insights to the forum boards and improve the conversations happening there.

I've shared your feedback with the Innovators Program team, and we agree that there's an opportunity to bring in product-specific experts like you. This is definitely something we're considering.

If there are support matters that are not being addressed, please tag me in and I'm happy to escalate. 

I saw this and was able to find what was all about yesterday.
I also saw that you need a Google account, which is not my case (and I don't want it to be either), in order to be able to become a member.

This is great if Google Cloud is your thing, but we are here because of AppSheet, not Google

@SkrOYC 
It would be a shame if an App Creator who has contributed to the community like you was not selected simply because you does not have a Google account.😢

@Roderick 
@Michelle 

I would like to see the Google Cloud EcoSystem expand and would be happy to help.
However, its expansion is limited only by Google's values.

The input and advice from @SkrOYC  and other MS365 users who have been associated with this community for a long time is, in my opinion, essential to the growth of Google Cloud.

Thanks for the kind words!
It's always great to receive recognition, but thankfully it's not needed (when it comes from badges or milestones or avatar icons)

With the fact that some people find my solutions useful is good enough for me 😀, as well as kind comments from experienced creators like yourself

On the other side, I just found sad how AppSheet has been losing identity being mixed with the Google Cloud stuff. AppSheet will (maybe is?) end up being just one thing that Google Cloud Platform clients could learn but just a handful of people will actually master, and those people won't be easily recognizable from any other Google Cloud Platform client