Shouldn't AppSheet Publish Outages?

Yesterday, my clients lost some productivity while AppSheet seemed to experience a problem leading to time-outs during syncing.  As far as I can tell, this outage impacted users who use either Appsheet DB or Google Sheets as data stores.  There were multiple threads about this issue so it seemed pretty wide-spread.   Before realizing it was a system-wide issue, I submitted a ticket about what I thought was a problem with my app only.  Early this morning, I got a response saying that my problem was solved, but in no way mentioning the source of the problem, the fact that it was a systemic problem (if it was) or any other details.

I think it's very normal for a data host to provide some sort of announcement when there is an outage.  But it seems like AppSheet is concealing their outages.  I would feel much better about this platform if they were proactive about broadcasting outages.  I'd much rather have AppSheet tell me there's a problem than to have to hear it first from my customers.

4 1 554
1 REPLY 1

Recent days looks like nobody is responsible for anything happening even outrages in AppSheet. All we notice is silence 90% of the time.