Remove pointless Feature Ideas section

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Feature Ideas section is clearly pointless.

Steve_0-1649264995003.png

@AndrewB

Solved Solved
12 13 643
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Roderick 
I just noticed that you have been updating the status of our feature request a little bit.

I now know what features AppSheet is focusing on now.๐Ÿ™

I know it is a lot of work to maintain so many tickets, but please keep up the good work.๐Ÿ˜„

@Steve 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Or, beginning to identify ideas that are actually "In consideration" etc. would be good.  Is that planned?

Hi @AndrewB 

Indeed, the status column is now visible, as guided by this comment.
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Coming-Soon-A-New-AppSheet-Community-Site/m-p/...

However, my wish was for that status column to continue to be updated.

I understand that this will involve a lot of work, including checking with the developer.
But if AppSheet is a platform for citizen developers, I think that neglecting this point is not a good idea.
I hope that the resources of the community managers can be allocated to this point.

@Lauren_vdv 
@Pratyusha 

@Steve 

Hi @Roderick 

Thanks for finding my post. I have already given up on this request being carried out.

However, as you will understand from the thread, if we let these community issues go unchecked, many App Creators will be left out of the loop.

It pains me to ask you, a recent participant, but I think Google needs to reconsider its attitude towards this community.

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

@takuya_miyai @Kirk_Masden,

We are continuing to work behind the scenes to establish the process to review and respond to ideas.

Thank you for your patience!

@Pratyusha @peterdykstra 

Michelle | Community Manager

Thanks @Michelle 

I am relieved when I get comments that the response is progressing.
I look forward to a good update.๐Ÿค—

@Michelle @peterdykstra @Pratyusha 

It seems three weeks have passed since I last received a comment.
I don't think the community users want to see status granted to all 1400+ Feature ideas at once.

Please consider updating them a little at a time.

For example, the following Feature idea, looks like something that has already been realized in the Preview program.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/Freeze-Columns-in-Horizontal-Scrolling-in-Tabl...

@Michelle @peterdykstra @Pratyusha @AndrewB 

How long do I have to wait for this status list to be updated?
I was looking forward to hearing from Andrew earlier this year about the status of Feature Ideas.
I also believed it would be one of the great values of this community.

However, six months later, the status is still not updated.
The status of Ideas, which I had already suggested could be made complete, is still Open.

Does this mean that this community does not need Feature Ideas from App Creator?

@zito 
@Steve 

@Koichi_Tsuji 

Hey Steve - you're right, it's not being engaged with yet and it's long overdue. Working with the broader product team to make sure roadmap feedback on existing and new feature idea posts moving forward are updated.

Still useless. Please remove Feature Ideas. It's insulting to dangle it out there.

@AndrewB 

how to export text in appsheet

thanks

If you have a question, you should post it in the  AppSheet Q&A - Google Cloud Community  board.

Also, for others to understand your need sufficiently to provide guidance, you probably need to explain more about what you're trying to accomplish beyond what you've written here.

Hi @Roderick 
I just noticed that you have been updating the status of our feature request a little bit.

I now know what features AppSheet is focusing on now.๐Ÿ™

I know it is a lot of work to maintain so many tickets, but please keep up the good work.๐Ÿ˜„

@Steve 

Cool!!  I was happy to find that one of my suggestions is in the "Planned" category!  Yipee!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 10.21.04.png