Feedback on the new forum

Hello friends, I believe i'd be nice to talk about what we think of the new forum so our friends at AppSheet can make the adjustments they see fit, I'll start, in my personal priority order:

1- Topic visibility is very narrow

I like answering to topics, a lot, most of the time I can tell from the title itself if I'm gonna be able to help the poster, or if I can't, and I just want to learn more, then I click the topic and get straight into it, so the old forum's way of displaying topics was JUST RIGHT for me, I could see all topics in a single screen and it showed so many that it was hard to miss any of them !

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 9.11.18 AM.jpeg

That's just a small part of my screen, the intention was showing my pic to some friends, but I digress

With the new format, I can barely see 3 post at once using my whole screen:

Rafael_ANEICPY_1-1643377381906.png

And as I said, the title, even if the topic is incorrectly titled, is enough, and the extra time it now takes to look at more topics really affects my forum capabilities, using my powerfull paint skills, I can imagine it looking like this:

marc.png

With a few simple changes we went from 3 to 9 @Marc_Dillon 's, thats a 300% increase without touching the font, which would surely be welcome as well, I'm aware that when it comes to UX my status might as well be "war criminal" but you guys get my point.

2-......

I got so into point 1- that I forgot the rest for now, I'll edit them in later, what do you guys think?
Tagging some of the AppSheet jedis to know what they think @MultiTech @SkrOYC @GreenFlux, I'd tag more jedis but I gotta get back to work hehe

8 7 271
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY wrote:
marc.png

Look @Marc_Dillon, you are famous!

@SkrOYC 

PD: I'm sorry if I'm not giving my opinion, check my post here @Rafael_ANEIC-PY 

There is a community feedback section, I suggest posting the comments and suggestions there rather than in the Q&A forum.

graham_howe_0-1643378561334.png

What have you done to me?!

And how is that super old post your example?

Screenshot_20220128-211313.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-211304.jpg

โ€ƒโ€ƒIts all buggy I see your post twice here. Its same thing when I opened.

It feels very DIFFICULT to even comment. I had to try atleast 2 minutes to add this photos then navigate down to the image and add this comment. (Using phone) 

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @Rafael_ANEIC-PY. I will move this to the community feedback board so we can centralize the feedback and make improvements!

Honestly,

It's a quite a downgrade. It has potential but many things are more cumbersome to do.

Before the forum was fun to use, now it's a hassle.

Buggy. For example code multiplied on top of itself many times.

Most implementations like adding code takes more clicks. And feels disconnected from the post. You have to go in and out of the box overlay all the time.

Can't scroll down for all replies.