Cannot direct message using the new forum

Hello, I wasn't able to find the "direct message" option, and after reading a couple of guides on the new forum I saw this screenshot:

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1643197601191.png

and here's the ones that I see:

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1643197662557.png

PD: liked that glorious dark theme? check the Dark Reader add on thanks to @GreenFlux for sharing it with me.

EDIT: Also, how do I change my avatar? I tried changing it to my beloved picture drinking from a coconut but couldn't find the option, also the available stock images require resizing:

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1643198051415.png

1 11 314
11 REPLIES 11

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Rafael_ANEIC-PY,

The issue with Direct Message has been resolved.  Can you please review and let us know if you are still having issues?

To change your avatar:

• Click on your Avatar in the upper right hand corner
  • Click on My Profile (this will take you to your profile page)
  • Click the 'pencil' icon in the top right of your avatar
    Michelle_1-1643206886095.png
  • There will be a pop-up so that you can browse your computer

Michelle_2-1643206969688.png

You can also find additional information in our Accessing and Managing Your Profile article.

Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Regards,

Michelle | Community Manager

However, if you are using a Google account to login, it will revert back to your Google account photo. 

I don't think Direct Messaging has been resolved. This is what I see when I go to somebody's profile:

graham_howe_0-1643318134951.png

Also if I go to my my own profile settings there is no option to enable direct messaging:

graham_howe_0-1643318244226.png

Hello @graham_howe,

This has been resolved for you.  Can you please try again?   

Regards,

Yes works now thanks!

Hello @Michelle,

Regarding Direct Message, I can see the direct message button in some profiles but it is absent in others. Would you please check? Thank you!

@Joseph_Seddik,

Yes, I will review the profiles to ensure the Direct Message button is available.

Regards,

Thank you!

@Michelle 

I also don't see the button "direct message" on other people's profiles. I am asking for help in solving the problem.

I also am unable to find direct message button.

plz help

Hey 

@Michelle  I am unable to DM any one please help me resolve this issue .