5 ways to use Gemini for Google Workspace to increase productivity, connection, and innovation

rmaupin
Staff

With the recent GA launch of Gemini for Google Workspace, I wanted to share a resource to jumpstart your organization's Generative AI journey - our recently-published Gemini Handbook for Google Workspace.

The handbook is an amazing resource that will help you familiarize yourself with Gemini for Google Workspace, understand how it can help your organization be more productive, and showcase the value we’re seeing across teams and our global customers.

Check out the following 5 ways Gemini helps you and your teams get more done together.

1. Help me write: Create content from scratch and build sharper more crisp communications in both Gmail and Docs

Help me write is ideal for creating content from scratch. This feature is perfect for when it feels daunting to stare at a blank page. You can provide an initial prompt about the topic you want to write about and let Gemini create an initial draft for you. It can also help refine existing content, adjusting for length, tone, and style.

Lauren_vdv_0-1699570057586.png

2. Help me organize: Organize and act on your data faster in Google Sheets with custom templates and quick data organization

You can use Gemini's help me organize capability to create a custom template in Sheets by simply describing what you're trying to accomplish and Sheets will generate a table that helps you get organized. Gemini classifies data by understanding the context of that data in a cell and labeling it. This frees you up for more critical tasks than manual data input.

Lauren_vdv_1-1699570238189.png

3. Help me visualize: Convey your artistic vision from a simple prompt in Google Slides

With help me visualize, you can easily create original images for your Slides presentations. Sourcing relevant images can be expensive and time-consuming, but now you can create unique and compelling visuals with simple text prompts.

Lauren_vdv_2-1699570402679.png

4. Help me connect: Have better calls with enhanced video, audio, and custom backgrounds in Google Meet

Gemini in Google Meet enhances the inclusiveness and interactivity of video calls. This allows distributed teams, hybrid workers, and frontline workers to stay connected, collaborative, and efficient.

For example, Gemini can help provide a studio look and sound in Meet by enhancing the quality of images in
low-light or low-quality webcams, and the audio experience caused by poor microphones or noisy
environments. Meet’s studio sound restores your original audio by recreating and balancing missing
or distorted details and frequencies. Gemini also simulates studio lighting with custom adjustments
without the need for an expensive and complex lighting setup.

Lauren_vdv_3-1699570534539.png

5. Help me create an app: Quickly build business apps and workflows using simple language in AppSheet

Use AppSheet to rapidly create applications that simplify work without having to write a single line
of code. Build and automate business applications in a few steps that connect you to the people,
processes, and data you need, creating time for your team to focus on other high-impact work.

Lauren_vdv_4-1699570600048.png

We encourage you to take some time to read through the handbook and learn more about how Gemini can help you and your team be more productive with Google Workspace.

We would love to hear from you - what do you use the most to improve your productivity with Gemini for Google Workspace? Please share in the comments and continue the discussion!

To learn more about Gemini for Google Workspace, check out the Gemini for Google Workspace handbook and explore the training and help resources.