[Innovator plus] Conditions to get the 500$ after first certification of the year

Hi all,

I got my first GCP certification last week and I applied for the benefit of +500$ as I have an Innovator Plus subscription.

But the Qwiklab support team told me that I was not eligible because I didn't use the Exam Voucher to get it...

I don't recall reading it somewhere that I had to use the exam voucher to get the additional 500$. Is it written somewhere and I missed it? If I missed it then it's my bad. But if it is not written somewhere, I feel kinda scammed... A bit bitter experience for my first GCP cert I guess.

2 9 642
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @FangFiFou Congratulations on your first GCP certification! The qwiklabs team is correct that $500 credits is contingent on the use of the certification voucher within your subscription. Did you happen to already use your certification voucher within your subscription previously or did you use a separate certification voucher? Please send us a note to innovators-plus-support@google.com and we'd be happy to figure out another solution for you.

Hi @CrystalSmith and thanks for your quick answer

I didn't use the voucher for this one as I wanted to use it for another certification I wanted to train with the additional 500$.

Do I have no other choice but to give up the 500$ this year ? I feel bitter because it is not mentioned on the Benefits page of Innovator Plus:

Screenshot_20240130-090151_Chrome_1.jpg

I don't see that this is written I had to use the voucher... Just pass and send my Candidate ID....

Thanks a lot!

Hi @CrystalSmith ,

I sent a mail to support asking if I will be eligible if i try another cert and fail within my subscription.

It seems the problem is that I have to use the voucher before claiming the additional credits.

I will keep this thread updated as it doesn't seem written or detailed anywhere unless someone can point me to some doc. So people might be interested to know the full process to redeem the additional 500$ credits. The GCP credits can still be one of the reason why people would sub to Innovator plus. And not getting access to a benefit because of some unwritten rules can tarnish the reputation of this program.

Thank you for your time.

Hi @FangFiFou thank you for following and for keeping the thread open.I'll make sure your feedback is passed along to our team to consider updating our documentation for improved clarity of benefit redemption. 

Hi @CrystalSmith ,

Thanks for answering!

Yes I am currently finding what are the exact condition to get the 500$. It is not written anywhere. There are too many hidden conditions :

- What happens if I try and fail an exam with the voucher ? Does it mean you cannot redeem the 500$ ?

- It would mean the conditions to get the 500$ are to :

• Register an exam with the voucher
  • Successfully pass the exam on the first try

That are 2 conditions not mentioned anywhere.

OR Maybe the conditions are :

• Using the exam voucher during the subscription
  • Passing successfuly a certification during the subscription (no matter if it was with the voucher or not)

Can you help me and the new or future interested Innovator plus members to clarify those points please ?

I myself wanted to promote Innovator Plus to colleagues but I am not so inclined to do so now... I am even thinking about not renewing the subscription... I feel betrayed as I had high hopes for this program...

Thanks !

Hi @FangFiFou

I absolutely understand your frustration. Let me break it down to clarify for you and make sure you get the most out of your Innovators Plus subscription:

Your Key to Credits: The certification voucher included in your subscription is directly linked to your $500 in Google Cloud credits. Make sure to use that specific voucher to schedule your exam while your subscription is active.
Timing Assurance: Even if your subscription expires before you take the exam, don't worry! As long as you scheduled the exam using your subscription voucher, passing the certification will still grant you the $500 credits.
Why This Matters: Our support team can easily verify vouchers tied to subscriptions. This ensures you receive your earned credits. Using external vouchers makes validation more difficult.

Hi @CrystalSmith ,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. It is clear.

I just wish it was written in the condition (or somewhere) before I pass my certification. I will not be able to pass another certification before the end of my subscription so I have to forfeit the 500$ and the voucher... I will also not renew my innovator plus as I was really waiting for that additional 500$. This is just sad...

Also I want to point out that support told me another thing that is contradiction with one of your statement.

- You said : Timing AssuranceEven if your subscription expires before you take the exam, don't worry! As long as you scheduled the exam using your subscription voucher, passing the certification will still grant you the $500 credits.

- Support told me : If you successfully pass before your current Innovators Plus subscription expires, you will be eligible for an additional $500 GCP credit.
Furthermore, it is important to note that the option to claim the additional $500 GCP credits is only available to those with an active annual subscription.

So I am truly lost as the exact condition to have the additional credits now.

I also want to note that another hidden condition is that you have to pay another voucher if you fail the first try to be eligible for the additional 500$... Another condition not written anywhere. One would expect that if they fail, they can take it another time without a voucher and be eligible. But no, you would have to contact support and pay another voucher to be eligible... 
Exact answer from support : Unfortunately, only students who pass a GCP certification exam using the voucher from the Innovators Plus portal are eligible. If you happen to fail the exam, you have the option to purchase a certification voucher and make another attempt. 

It means if you fail with the voucher the first time and be successful with the second time but paid directly without using another voucher. You would not be eligible... It is conditions on conditions on conditions...

Hi @FangFiFou I will DM you with a few questions to see if there is anything else we can do. We would love for you to continue your learning journey with Innovators Plus.  I will correct this myself with support regarding the credits piece, thank you for letting me know!

@CrystalSmith ,

Thanks I will be waiting for your follow-up.

But if there are no ways to get the 500$, I think it would be quite pointless unfortunately.

Again, my complain is not that I am not eligible. My complain is that I am being punished for something I couldn't know...

Thanks and I hope you have a great day.

Top Labels in this Space