No more swags for cert passers?

Hi! I recently passed a professional certification exam and this time there’s no information for the swag. Is it already discontinued?

5 19 1,396
19 REPLIES 19

glen_yu
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Interesting.... I haven't heard of that.  Which cert?  So the e-mail you got didn't have a perks code?  I just passed my Data Engineer exam yesterday so my confirmation e-mail will be next week sometime.

EDIT: still mentions that there's swag for prof level certs: https://support.google.com/cloud-certification/answer/9908350?hl=en 

This is for the Cloud DevOps Engineer certification exam. It is a renewal for my expiring cert this January 2022.

Does it mean that when I use the discount for the renewal, it removes the perks for passing the exam?

That, I have no idea 😐 sorry, but according to this guy he said got swag for getting re-certified as GCP PCA (although this was Dec 2020 and in 2020 was when swag for ACE was removed so...)

I haven't renewed anything yet and my first GCP prof cert isn't up fo renewal until next summer so I can't help you here 😞

Yeah. Same here. My first time to renew because usually when I am about to renew, the beta exam for the cert is the one I take. However, the DevOps certification is not up for the beta exam

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! You should definitely receive a code for swag if you pass a professional level certification - in fact, if it's your recertification, you actually get to access a different swag tier with an additional option on top of the available certification swag items to choose from.

5109FFEA-018F-4AC4-B31C-749850887BF8.jpeg

 That’s all what the email says

Thank you for sharing that, Robert - I've inquired with certification ops, and I'll update as soon as I hear back!

Hi @carrie! Any feedback yet? 🙂

Hello @carrie any news?

@carrie I recently passed the  Professional Cloud Devops Engineer beta exam. And no code again for the swag.

Is this issue specific to this certification of mine? This is the second time now that I missed the swag. With the rest of my other certs, swags are given. 

Just renewed my Collaboration credential, interesting to see if I get any swag for that.

Didn't get anything for getting the (new to me) Digital Leader credential in September

Swag is for Professional tier certifications only, so the Digital Leader and ACE does not fall into this category

Interesting, I got SWAG for passing Associate Cloud Engineer

You probably passed the ACE before they changed the policy.  I think it was a year ago that they changed it.  I did the ACE when it was in beta so I got swag for it as well back then 😄

Hi, I recently passed PCA for the first time.

The notification email I received stipulated "recertification" and I got a link and token to the Perks Webstore.

Seems that swag is still available for professional certifications.

glen_yu
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

I re-certified my PCA last summer and my network and security certs last month.  In all 3 cases I got recertification swag code.

reviving the thread here. the swag options are REALLY limited (for people who are re-certifying or attaining additional certs, the only option of "welcome kit" is not quite good enough. is google switching vendor from robertson marketing to another? apparently they will not be restocking any certification-specific swags. not the biggest deal, but disappointing nonetheless. 

Hi there,

I recently completed my Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect exam, but I haven't received any information about the swag rewards. It's been more than seven days now, and all I've received is an email confirming my exam clearance and details about the CertMetrics website. Could you please confirm if the swag rewards program has been discontinued?

The benefits are right in your CertMetrics page, under "Benefits".  There will be codes you can use towards a discount on your next exam, and there are also merchandise codes:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 08.53.52.png