Kudos Google Cloud Team - Design for environmental sustainability

Team, It's great to see we are adding the Design for environmental sustainability content.

But, the question here is something cut across all the pillars of Architecture Framework(Design, Operation, Security, Reliability, Optimization(Cost&Perfomance) under Cloud Architecture Center, right? Why does the environmental sustainability need to think during the design pillar only? Best thoughts and conversations, please?

Solved Solved
0 4 429
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Kumar thank you for your feedback. 
We built System Design as the foundational pillar to all the other pillars therefore thought to add Sustainability under "System Design". We will try to do a better job at representing this via infographics :D. 

Your observation is accurate, it does overlap with other pillars as well. I will take this feedback to my team and see how we can update this. 

Attached is a quick representation of how we think about the content structure across the pillars.
(Image used from System Design AMA)

View solution in original post

Hi @kumar , We updated our external site with more accessible infographics. 🙂 Thank you again for flagging this. 
https://cloud.google.com/architecture/framework

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kumar thank you for your feedback. 
We built System Design as the foundational pillar to all the other pillars therefore thought to add Sustainability under "System Design". We will try to do a better job at representing this via infographics :D. 

Your observation is accurate, it does overlap with other pillars as well. I will take this feedback to my team and see how we can update this. 

Attached is a quick representation of how we think about the content structure across the pillars.
(Image used from System Design AMA)

@omkarsuram_ excellent, it's clarity and especial the picture you shared, shows me the clarity. 

Happy Google Cloud. 

Hi @kumar , We updated our external site with more accessible infographics. 🙂 Thank you again for flagging this. 
https://cloud.google.com/architecture/framework

Super thanks, @omkarsuram_ ; super kudos to you for having the community answered with the particulars; the Google Way. Once, again; super helpful thanks a ton. I will pass it on to my networks of Google Cloud Community and CoE.