make a slice from Enum List

Hello

I need your kind help,

Im developing an application contains big learners database, and I link each course with some of the learners (ENUM LIST as REF from students table), now I need to  add (class attendance option) to the app, so I need to create a slice with 2 conditions:

1. extract names from the eunm lists located in the courses table

2. extract only active courses 

can any one help?

0 12 260
12 REPLIES 12

That doesn't make much sense. On which table are you creating a slice? And what is the goal of the slice?

Please take a look at my reply 

I guess we didn't get your point. If you could post some pictures of your app it could help you to get help from the community. If you still struggle I also do freelancing fixing and improving apps, just contact me on: (PII Removed by Staff).

Please take a look at my reply

Thank you for your reply 

Let me rephrase, 

Im developing an application for training center 

Iv created a table for all learners came to the center, then when I create a new class I link a 20 enrolled learner for this spasific class from the pool of the learners.

So Iv linked the table (courses) column (attendees) with anum list referenced with table (learners) 

Now I need to add a new feature to take attendance, so I need to make a column for the enroled learners for the current courses only.

OK, I gotcha. You should use a Reference "IS part of" to create a list of learners inside your courses table. So that you can directly add new students and create a connection between these two tables instead of using a enumlist, which is not the best way to do what you want to do. 

peterson_0-1676657750043.png

just like I did above, the column "Itens vendidos" is used for every order that is related to this item.

see: https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106510?hl=en

I agree with what peterson said. Just to say it another way that may be more clear, you need to add an additional table to link your existing 2 tables in a many-to-many relationship, instead of using the enumlist. This additional table is where you can record the attendance information. Here's another good post:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Create-a-crew/m-p/521113/highlight/true#M202215

@peterson wrote:

peterson_0-1676657750043.png

How did you locked the column "Bloco" in "Itens vendidos"?

peterson_0-1676723565813.png

Simple, just go to UX >> Options >> Preview new features. This way in a "table view" the first column will be frozen.

oh.. nice! Thanks!
And follow up question for this... sorry everyone i know this is not the place to be asking this questions but @peterson  does it really gets unstable after enabling that option?

I strongly recommend against enabling and using preview features.

My experience with that has always been very stable. I haven't had any issue with that. Plus this particular feature's been shown as preview for a very long time. I feel like it is working fine. 

Top Labels in this Space