issue with updating one table using a form submission from another table

I want to update the "Member" table(precisely Photo Column) using a form submission from the "Input" table in AppSheet. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. I created a new action called "Set Photo" in the Input Table. In this action, I set up the type of action to perform as "Set Column," specifically setting the Photo column to: LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Photo], "Members", "Member_ID", "Photo").

2. Next, I created another action in AppSheet called "Set Photo | Member" applied to the Member Table. The type of action was set to "Data: execute an action on a set of rows." The referenced table was the Input Table, and the referenced action was the previous action "Photo Set."

However, when I tried to reference the rows using this expression:

Select(Input[Photo], [_thisrow].[Full Name] = [Name])

It gave me an error saying, "The value '=Select(Input[Photo], [Name] = [_thisrow].[Full Name])' of data action 'Set Photo | Member' does not match the expected type List or its expected type details"

How can I solve this issue?

Solved Solved
0 5 89
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try

Input[key column]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

An expression you set in the reference rows must return a list of key values 

I am guessing the column photo is not the key column of the table input.

Of course, it is not...

Any ideas to come about this 

Try

Input[key column]

Thank you 

Thank you very much @TeeSee1 ... l will put it here for future reference that l also made a mistake at the action "Set Photo" in the Input Member Table   "Set Column," specifically setting the Photo column to: LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Photo], "Members", "Member_ID", "Photo"),      LOOKUP([_THISROW], "Members", "Member_ID", "Photo")

At the another action in AppSheet called "Set Photo | Member" applied to the Member Input Table. The type of action was set to "Data: execute an action on a set of rows." The referenced table was the Input Member Table, and the referenced action was the previous action "Photo Set."

That's all, l hope it will help someone in the future someday

Top Labels in this Space