When taking a photo, the application restarts

Hello community, I have the following problem: I have made an inventory application in which I first read the QR code of a machine and self-complete a series of fields and then I have to take a photo of the label to send it to the supplier.

Well, the QR code recognizes it without problems, but when I choose "Take a Photo", the photo is taken, but when I click OK, the app restarts and the photo does not appear in the app. It does appear in my gallery and then I can resort to the "Choose from Existing" option and it loads correctly. But it's a hassle and a waste of time as I usually get 10 or 15 machines each time.

And it is not a problem of permissions, since the app has permissions to use the machine and an example of this is that the QR code reads it without problems.

Do you know what could be happening? I don't know where to start researching.

I use a Motorola with Android.

Solved Solved
0 2 104
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There was an issue similar to this with iOS devices. I think it was related how the Appsheet mobile app interacted with iOS after Apple released an operating system update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There was an issue similar to this with iOS devices. I think it was related how the Appsheet mobile app interacted with iOS after Apple released an operating system update.

Thanks a lot for the reply, this is definitely it! I use Android 13 and I have tried with an old phone with Android 12 and it works correctly. At least I already know that the solution does not depend on me. Hopefully the AppSheet engineers will fix it as soon as possible.

Very grateful.

Top Labels in this Space