Show_if formula not working on desktop mode

I added two virtual columns to my app. 

The first virtual column is a concatenation of two fields.  The second is a column of type "Show" so that I can conditionally display a message to the user. 

I'm trying to do a "show_if" condition on the Show column to display the message to the user if there is a duplicate value. I'm using this formula: 
(In([virtualcolumn], SELECT(Table[virtualcolumn], [table_id] <> [_ThisRow].[table_id])))

This works as expected in the AppSheet editor, but doesn't work in desktop mode. Is this a bug or should I be doing this a different way. 

0 3 223
3 REPLIES 3

@Roland_W wrote:

This works as expected in the AppSheet editor, but doesn't work in desktop mode. Is this a bug or should I be doing this a different way. 

Are you seeing this in the legacy Desktop or are you using the Desktop Mode Preview?

This Is in desktop mode preview

Ok, the new Desktop Mode is in preview only and has a list of known issues.  It is intended only for assessment of the upcoming features and for testing to provide feedback to AppSheet on issues and suggested changes.  I.e. an opportunity to influence the direction some of the implementation take.

All comments and known issues are being tracked and communicated in the post thread below.  Please refer to it for more details.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/In-Preview-New-UI-design-for-desktop-users/m-p...

Top Labels in this Space