Scheduled bot triggering other bots problem "The operation was canceled.."

Hey there!
I have a problem with the scheduled bot that I created a while ago.

Here is the concept:

Bot 1 (scheduled)
- this bot adds rows to another table on the 1st day of each month (this is the only one step in this bot's process)
- this bot has the "Trigger other bots" option enabled
- this bot has the "Wait for execution to complete" option enabled

Bot 2 (data change bot that is being triggered by Bot 1)
- this bot adds other rows to another table referenced to each record created by Bot 1 (for example if Bot 1 adds a record to table X with ID=12345678, Bot 2 will add six other rows to table Y, with TABLE_X_ID=12345678)
- this bot has the "Trigger other bots" option enabled
- this bot has the "Wait for execution to complete" option enabled

Bot 3 (data change bot that is being triggered by Bot 2)
- this bot generates a PDF file and sends an email to the end-user

Bot 1 --> Bot 2 --> Bot 3

Today is the first time when the whole concept failed... I have no idea what can be the case as the monitor shows "failed with exception The operation was canceled.."
I tried to force run this bot from the app editor but it just stopped working after some time with the above error. I have no idea where my mistake is. Did anyone notice similar behavior?

I hope you can understand how it is all done.
Thanks for any help in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

0 7 128
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think you posted all of the error message  - "failed with exception The operation was canceled..".  It likely included something to the effect of "...because it took too long to process".  Bot run times are limited to 2 minutes for each STEP and 5 minutes overall for the Bot.

I suspect your data has grown such that the Bot steps are now hitting these run time limits.  Is this the full error you are getting?

Thanks for reply @WillowMobileSys!

I have just tried to force run this again and this is what I got:
Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 20.24.18.png
Previously this was the full error message:
Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 20.26.28.png

Bot 2 contains 6 steps in a process. The whole operation always stops working at the stage of one of those six steps.

Regarding the time limits, I know they exist and I know that if that were the case I would get a response saying something like "...it took too long to process..." as you mentioned above.

One more thing, I tried to force run with "Wait for execution to complete?" option disabled and it is still the same.

Yep, this is definitely different!

Since both examples fail on actions, check your Audit log to see if any errors were recorded in that log file.

I'm wondering if you might have required columns on the row that are not getting set when these actions run through the bot.

I have checked all the columns and from my perspective, there shouldn't be any problem with the columns requirement.

After analyzing the logs this are the error messages I am getting:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 22.34.17.png
Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 22.36.58.png

One really strange thing for me is that in audit logs all singular records created via Bot 1 (the scheduled one) are statused as "error" with the same message -"The operation was canceled.." but the whole process is statused as "success":

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 22.39.58.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-1 o 22.40.14.png

One more thing - how is that possible that audit log says "Operation: Unknown" with error: "The operation was canceled." but records are being created by scheduled Bot 1? It is tricky for me to understand and debug that...

Today I have force-updated all the records that were created via Bot 1 to trigger Bot 2 and then Bot 3. It all worked just fine. It looks like the problem is when it is triggered on schedule. Maybe this operation is too complicated? Strange is the fact that it was fine before... I hope someone could help me understand what is the case here. Contacting support doesn't make any sense. It is a waste of time in my opinion, they do not get it at all ๐Ÿ˜ž

Hola, yo tengo exactamente los mismos errores desde ayer. Justo coincide, como con cada vez que estos errores extraรฑos aparecen, con las nuevas actualizaciones de appsheet. Como puede ser posible que cada vez que hagan algo nuevo la gente de appsheet nosotros nos quedomos con estos fallos por dias? algun responsable por favor que nos de solucion 

Top Labels in this Space