Scan objects like QR Code but using OCR instead?

HI All,

This is my first foray into either QR Code or OCR. I'm at a fork in the road and need your advice to decide which way to go.

I'd like to be able to scan items and take action, then have that scan event discarded.

The current situation is that my entire warehouse is labelled without QR codes. I do have unique ID numbers on every tag. This is the dividing point.

Do I need to go down the QR Code path, and thus have to reprint all of the labels for the warehouse? Or, can I find a way to make this work with OCR?

The workflow is to select items, take action, then leave that data (delete is preferable). Once I've taken the action (check out or move item) I do not need any of the scan data at all.

What advice or questions do you have?

Thank you in advance!

0 2 176
2 REPLIES 2

Any update on this?

The only change to my original post is that I decided to go with QR codes. Nobody has offered any assistance. The next challenge is getting AppSheet (mostly the Google Doc formatting) to correctly print tags with text and QR codes. AppSheet really, desperately needs a better way to generate labels than a Google Doc.

Top Labels in this Space