Refresh virtual related column after adding items externally

I use a process where a simple form is completed by the user in appscript and that triggers an app script to start making invoices and related invoice items. (I originally did this in appscript, but it was causing lights to go dim all over town.). 

I was hoping that on sync, appsheet would update the ref_row() function so that each invoice would show the child invoice item records.  But that's not happening.  Even after editing an invoice and saving it, the related invoice items column doesn't show the items that were previously created and correctly have the invoice id in the invoice item[related invoice] column.  What's the best practice here?   Do I need to create a non-virtual column that is equivalent to related invoice items?

1 4 71
4 REPLIES 4

Actually, it seems like maybe the virtual columns catch up and show the references, but not after a single sync.  Instead it seems like after about 20 minutes.  Does that sound plausible?  

Syncing data from other users or spreadsheet updates (which is what appscript is doing) can take 15-20 minutes unless the sync button is pressed manually. You could try turning on Quick Sync to make it sync faster. Here is the link to the AppSheet Documentation on Quick Sync. They do advise against using with complex virtual columns but I would not really consider the system generated REF_ROWS to be complex so you may give it a try!

I think turning Delta Sync off has fixed this issue.

Yeap, that's the reason because if you haven't done anything with that table with the app itself, the app doesn't sync that table. 

Top Labels in this Space