Parent Child Relationship with Multiple Tables

I am creating an intake form for our work and people can make two different main types of requests (Knowledge or Forms) and from there they can then specify if they want to add, update, or archive. 

Now I have created these two easy to fill out forms, however the team would like for our requestors to be able to add multiple requests (from the two tables each with three request types) to one Parent Request. Essentially have a grocery list of items that can be requested for our team to action, but group them together.

What I am hoping to do is have an initial request that if chose as Knowledge it could become the parent request and then additional requests of Knowledge or Forms could be added to it. And vice versa. The only information I can find on Parent Child relationship however is to create two tables and one is parent and one is child. Well I want either of my tables to be able to be the Parent Table and add a subsequent child request to it from either of the two tables. 

Example 1, someone could have a Form request to Archive, but then they want to Create a new one, and they need Knowledge updated to reflect the Form Change. 

Example 2, someone needs to update current Knowledge (remove a job aid) and then also create new Knowledge where the job aid will now be housed. 

Any ideas/thoughts/additional resources I could be pointed to?

0 0 49
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space