Managing venue calendar - who sees what?

Currently use tables for venues & events. Each year all events for all venues are populated for every user. Many users have stated they only want to see certain venue's events on their calendars. They have the ability to delete or add whatever they choose. Having multiple users deleting hundreds of items they don't want to see seems like a bad design. Started thinking about ways to make it better. Is this a good solution, or can others suggest something better?

Add a third table which lists every venue with an on/off setting which controls whether that venue's events are shown on the user's calendar. This allows administrators to continue populating all events for all users, but gives individual users the ability to see what they want to see.

Venues: A, B, C

Events: A:1, A:2, B:1, B:2, B:3, C:1, C:2, C:3, C:4, C:5, ...

VenueView: A:on, B:on, C:off

In an effort to cut down on manual changes required, it would be great if an entry in VenueView would be created every time a new Venue was added. Sounds easy enough, not certain how I would go about that just yet.

0 2 79
2 REPLIES 2

Add an EnumList column for venues and they can choose which one they want to see. Then use either slice or security filter to filter events. You could ask this also with Usersettings.

Ah... show them all the choices and let them highlight which are on vs off?    New to appsheet and trying to translate into what is required in pieces...  

is the enumlist something I need to populate ahead of time and they would come back and remove what they don't want, or would they build the list entirely themselves from available choices?

Are there any public sample apps you know of where I could poke through how something similar looks in practice?

Top Labels in this Space