Linking Columns/sheets

HI all.

I'm currently working on a app for logging transportation data with trucks.

I'll share the idea where i got stuck and don't seem to know or find the way around.

I have a sheet that names Transport companies in a column. The main sheets grabs the reference from this Transport Company sheet, and lets you select which one you want. The next field in my main logging sheet is the truck's plate. I Thought about creating a different sheet with every plate of every truck of every company, and asociate it to the actual company, so depending on what i select on the previos field (transport company), the plate options narrow down to those of the selected company. 

How should i implement this in my spreadheet and appsheet?

Appreciate your help.

Solved Solved
0 3 98
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

The following is how to write a description of using the SELECT function in the Formula field of Data in AppSheet to filter data from another sheet:

SELECT(
T2[T2_Col_A],
[_THIS].[Current_Col_B] = [T2_Col_C]
)

This formula will:

Select all values from the T2_Col_A column of the T2 table.
Only select values where the value in the T2_Col_C column of the T2 table is equal to the value in the Current_Col_B column of the Current table.

SELECT function Reference:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10108207?sjid=13223031086354388132-AP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Go
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

The following is how to write a description of using the SELECT function in the Formula field of Data in AppSheet to filter data from another sheet:

SELECT(
T2[T2_Col_A],
[_THIS].[Current_Col_B] = [T2_Col_C]
)

This formula will:

Select all values from the T2_Col_A column of the T2 table.
Only select values where the value in the T2_Col_C column of the T2 table is equal to the value in the Current_Col_B column of the Current table.

SELECT function Reference:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10108207?sjid=13223031086354388132-AP

Hi. I'm sorry I didnยดt see this earlier. It worked with what you suggested! thanks!

Go
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

You're welcome @frivoir. By the way, I would like to correct one point.
It is correct to use [_THISROW] instead of [_THIS].

Top Labels in this Space