KML failing to display after many months of use

I have several apps that display the same KML. This has been working perfectly almost since the feature was announce here. Today, for no reason which I can determine, the KML is no longer being displayed within any of our apps.

These apps rely heavily on this feature, to the point that the apps are almost useless without it.

Can anyone offer some insight as to what the issue may be?

@praveen, @Aleksi, @LeventK, @morgan, @Phil, @Adam

0 4 330
4 REPLIES 4

Will ask @Adam — could you please send the app details to support@appsheet.com

Thanks

Not aware of any recent changes around this but I can take a look.

@Adam @praveen

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

The issue seems to revolve around the number of folders in the KML file. The KML in use had approximately 9 folders, some with sub-folders. Reducing the total number of folders to 3 seems to have resolved the issue, for now…

Are there any plans to enhance this feature? Or will it likely remain as it is which is an improvement but I can see room for improvement…

Two things I would like to see changed/improved upon:

• Requirements for hosting of the KMLs. Being able to host the KML within G drive would be great

• Caching of the KML-It seems the appsheet server caches the KML for a long period of time with no easy way to flush this cache. Changes to the KML typically require at a minimum, changing the KML file name and pointing the app to the renamed (and changed) file. This is a pain if there are several (or more) apps relying on the KML. It would be wonderful if Appsheet picked up the changed file without having to change the file name and redirect all the apps.

• One more - The ability to display two KMLs within a single view

The current support is fairly thin, basically just getting the file and passing it along for the map to render. If there’s some limitations around the folder structure it may be on Google’s end. I think there is some intention to do more with KML in the future. Thanks for the specific suggestions. We may be able to address some of these.

Top Labels in this Space