How do you decide the View type to use : 1) DECK 2) CARD - LIST 3) TABLE

Hi everyone,

I'm always curious between the view types to use.

I like TABLE but sometime there are too many columns so the view is not good on mobile 

I like DECK but the Title and Subtitle only show as 1 row 

I like CARD-LIST but there are no multi-select 

I mean these are just my opinions, could you guys share how do you decide which view type you will use in certain cases...

Thank you ~

0 2 83
2 REPLIES 2

I think your thinking process is correct. There is no 100 % correct case.

A deck or card view may be more suitable for summary views where the record can be more visually and uniquely identified with an image - a city, a tourist place, a book title (with the book cover image ) , a product in the inventory .

Between the two -deck and card view - a deck view may be more suitable for say daily use product list where - product name, brand, price and product photo are good enough to make a choice.

A card view may be more useful for a city, tourist place, a hotel , wild animals list in a jungle safari program or niche products ( expensive bags, shoes, clothes) where a small individual description and more details such as category are useful at a first glance.

A table view may be more useful in desktop environments where app is used in an office set up.  The use cases can be the the employee record where in one glance, the HR department may know the employee details such as name, area of expertise, skills, date of joining, service tenure so far, current designation, type of leaves availed in the year so far and so on.

Another use case for a table record may be a spare part list in factory where multiple specifications of the spare part may need to be known at a glance for a selection. Here more than photo , the part's specifications are more important.

Thus, the table view may also be useful in situations where a quick decision needs to be made by comparing say  7-8  parameters between two or more records. 

I am sure other colleagues too will have an insightful updates to share.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience, really helpful ~

Top Labels in this Space