How do I import CSV file from Google Drive

I have a CSV file on my google drive that updates daily.

I want to import this CSV file into Appscript however, I am unable to do so following this tutorial  as Google Drive does not link a CSV file as a .csv file extension but an URL

How can I import the csv file into appscript from the Gooogle Drive?

1 2 508
2 REPLIES 2

Option 1

1. Create a table/gSheet that has  the columns corresponding to the CSV and a key column if the CSV does not have a key (unique value) field, say CSV_Stage
  2. Create an Apps Script to clear and write the CSV into CSV_Stage. (CSV import)
  3. Create an action to add a new record into another table using this data to copy data from CSV_Stage to your target table. Either a scheduled or event driven bot should work.

Option2

An Apps Script that reads the CSV and use AppSheet API to directly add data into the target table. I think this is more straight forward.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10104797

I am sure there are other ways..

@py_noob wrote:

import this CSV file into Appscript

Since you're posting in an AppSheet forum, I assume you mean import to an AppSheet app.

@TeeSee1's option 2 is definitely possible and can be pretty straightforward if you're comfortable with Apps Script and the AppSheet API. You can define the schedule trigger in the Apps Script project. Here's a description of one use case where I use this technique: Reference User's Last Access Timestamp - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space