Grouped actions on Card ViewType are not being displayed

Hi there,
I spent last weekend trying to figure that out and finally decided to reach your help. Let me try to explain my problem.

I am trying to create floating buttons on ViewType = Card. When actions are single they appear but when I wanna make them grouped they don't. I even tried to convert single action that worked before into grouped one to see if it works now but unfortunately it is also hidden after that change (even if the Only_If formula is blank). Source for this view is a slice which allows for those actions I am trying to attach.

Is there anyone who noticed similar behaviour? I have seen few topics where people say card views are tricky too. Maybe it is a bug?

For now I am done, I have no more ideas of what could be wrong. Hope you understand my point.
Cheers!

0 5 161
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

I am facing a similar problem, where Appsheet is displaying the first row of my excel Data only, without further error report or explanation

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post screenshots demonstrating the problem.

Sure, I will try to explain further.

Here โฌ‡๏ธ on the 1st shot you can see the dashboard view where one of the views is CARD view - right one. In this case the button appears because it is a single "go to another view..." action.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-28 o 19.55.25.png

This is how the action looks like from inside โฌ‡๏ธ

Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-28 o 20.09.30.png

However,  when we change the action a bit and more specifically switch from single to grouped one (in which we invoke the single one) it disappears from exactly the same view.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-28 o 20.12.57.png

Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-28 o 20.15.59.png

Hope that is enough and thanks for reply @Steve!

I don't think this is a bug, I think it's working as intended.

AppSheet will not display actions that require access to a specific row (so-called "row-level actions") when a specific row is not available. Actions that do not require a specific row can be displayed, though, which is why you see the ungrouped action displayed. Once you group the action, you introduce complexity into determining whether the (grouped) action needs a specific row. To make that determination, AppSheet would need to make the same determination for each action within the grouped action. I suspect that analysis was deemed too complex to do by the developers so they just decided that grouped actions should be assumed to need a specific row.

Holy moly... This is the answer I was afraid of. To be honest in our team we were supposing that this is probably the reason but I was still hoping it is a some kind of bug. Thanks a lot for reply!

BTW. Maybe it is a good idea to allow this type of actions in similar use cases in the future. A kind of global buttons to perform specific tasks on behalf of values stored in CURRENT user settings slice for example?

Top Labels in this Space