Email Notification to two people

I am working on an IT ticketing system application. 

When a user selects an issue, the app automatically assigned the ticket to a department [Symptom].[Department], which in turn selects an appropriate technician ANY(SELECT(Technicians[Name], [Department] = [_THISROW].[Department])). A bot then sends an email to this technician. 

Question: I would like two technicians to be assigned to one ticket, i.e., I want both of them to receive an email notification when a new ticket is submitted. How can I do this?

0 5 120
5 REPLIES 5

@Evgenii_P wrote:

A bot then sends an email to this technician. 

Question: I would like two technicians to be assigned to one ticket, i.e., I want both of them to receive an email notification when a new ticket is submitted. How can I do this?

In the Bot that sends the email, you can insert a LIST of email addresses for the recipients of the email into the "To" property of the email step.

Perfect, thanks! 

At the moment, I have AppSheet assign a ticket to one person even though there are two people in the department. Is it possible to have two people selected?

In the image below, when I select PowerSchool. AppSheet assigns it to one person only. Therefore, I can only retrieve 1 email from the ticket. 

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 3.25.41 PM.png

What I would like to have is the AppSheet pulling both technicians (P and J) from the EdTech: PowerSchool department so their corresponding emails appear in the form.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 3.26.20 PM.png

@Evgenii_P wrote:

Is it possible to have two people selected?

Yes.  You will want to use EnumList column type

Thanks for your reply. Currently, the Assigned Tech field is set to reference. How can I have the field use EnumList and referencing at the same time? 

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 12.57.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-29 at 12.57.23 PM.png

@Evgenii_P wrote:

How can I have the field use EnumList and referencing at the same time?

Configure the column as shown below then adjust the expression to return the precise list of people you wish to assign.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 7.11.24 AM.png

Top Labels in this Space