Email Automation - Print Actual Email to PDF

Based on the lack of search results, I presume this does not yet exist.

I am aware that email attachments from automations can be archived and even added to a table for example, however what I am looking for is whether or not it is possible to generate a PDF from the email that was sent from the automation?

I am sure this could be accomplished using the attachment settings and creating a 'Faux' copy of the email via a template, but in my mind that somewhat defeats the purpose (think timestamp on the actual email). My use case is that I would like to create an additional table 'Correspondence' that keeps track of every email that was sent and has a PDF copy of the email. Since the email is sent by a server would it be possible to follow up the automation with a request to the server?

0 3 174
3 REPLIES 3

Just take the same template that you are using for email body, then add all of the needed extras, like timestamp, CC, BCC, etc, and use the new one as another step that creates this file and do it so by adding an entry to a File column into your Corespondence table

I appreciate the feedback. I was hoping to avoid that but realize it may be the only workaround. Just wish this was naturally integrated somehow.

I get it, the issue is that I see your use case as a very niche one, I don't think many people need to archive every single email body in that way, not in modern teams at least

Top Labels in this Space