Difficulties in implementing registration/login (novice in AppSheet)

Hello, my friends, how are you?

I'm new here on the AppSheet platform and in the world of no/low code, still learning the ropes. I was hoping to develop an application with a login and registration screen (for those who haven't logged in yet), so that each user can access their respective information. However, I'm having difficulties implementing it; in fact, I don't even know where to start. I've watched some videos on YouTube, but haven't found anything that can help me address all my doubts and implement everything correctly.

Could someone give me some guidance on how to do it or share a video that could assist me on this new journey? I appreciate everyone in advance, take care, and have a great week!

Solved Solved
0 5 288
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi lucas,

How you implement it depend on your appsheet plan. 

If you want secure data access where users can log-in through one of the auth provider  , you'll need to have a licence for each user. A user is considering as one when he is logged in to your app in the last 30 days. In free plan, you can stay at less than 10 users, forever. And for information, you can connect through 5 sessions using one email (so you can use 1 email for 5 people for example).

Then, to restrict data access based on email, you can use USEREMAIL() in formulas. If you want to assign groups of roles, you'll need to create a new table that will store your users, with a column that assign their roles (1 row = 1 user). Then, if you want to filter data, you will be able to use things like : any(select(UserTable[Email], [Role] = "Supervisor" ) ) , for example.

Having a "log-in" menu within your app is not secured, as you will have access to your users log-in credentials. The solution I am suggesting is only applicable if each users have their license or if you stay at prototype state. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi lucas,

How you implement it depend on your appsheet plan. 

If you want secure data access where users can log-in through one of the auth provider  , you'll need to have a licence for each user. A user is considering as one when he is logged in to your app in the last 30 days. In free plan, you can stay at less than 10 users, forever. And for information, you can connect through 5 sessions using one email (so you can use 1 email for 5 people for example).

Then, to restrict data access based on email, you can use USEREMAIL() in formulas. If you want to assign groups of roles, you'll need to create a new table that will store your users, with a column that assign their roles (1 row = 1 user). Then, if you want to filter data, you will be able to use things like : any(select(UserTable[Email], [Role] = "Supervisor" ) ) , for example.

Having a "log-in" menu within your app is not secured, as you will have access to your users log-in credentials. The solution I am suggesting is only applicable if each users have their license or if you stay at prototype state. 

Thank you very much my friend, I will study here with the material and information provided.
Big hug!

@baba_sawane wrote:

Having a "log-in" menu within your app is not secured

And goes against ToS.

@lucasrs2206 Avoid all "log in" setups from Youtube

Ok my friend, I will avoid it, thank you very much!
All good for you!

Top Labels in this Space