Bypass Security Filters bug

Hello,

Being completely new, I am not sure if the error i am getting is a bug or not, hope someone could help me understand it.

I have a table named "1 Depot" that when a new row is added triggers an automation and run an action on a set of rows with the reference action being the following expression: LOOKUP( MAX(1 Depot[_ROWNUMBER]), "1 Depot", "_ROWNUMBER", "Delivery Date" ).

What is does is taking the delivery column data of the newly added row and set that data to the same column to all others rows of the same table.

The problem is that the table has a security filters on, and the newly created row doesn't satisfy the security filters, I have bypass security filters? on for the automation Bot but i still get the error that it can't find the newly created Row.

Would that be a bug ? Please see below the error message: "Error encountered in step with name [New step]: Error: 'Execute an Action on a Set of Rows' Data action 'New step Action - 1' for table '1 Depot failed with exception ReadRow failed because row having key '91cc8473' not found in table '1 Depot'."

Can someone help ? Thanks !

The action that trigger the errorThe action that trigger the error1st Event Run Action on rows1st Event Run Action on rowsBypass security Filters ON for botBypass security Filters ON for bot

0 9 147
9 REPLIES 9

You can enable "bypass security filter" in bots. Even if your table has security filter it doesn't affect the bots. 

Hello Jaichith,

The probleme is that i have enabled the "bypass security filter" in the bot, and it still can't find that new record. that is why i am thinking that this is a bug.

Type of action is wrong I think so or you are not referencing the rows key column where this action should be applied

Try this type of Data Action: execute an action on a set of rows

Then enclose your previous action with it.

Type of action is also already Execute an action on a set of rows (as you can see in my screenshots circled in red) and it execute the action "set some values of some columns in this row".

@AleksiAlkio  @Suvrutt_Gurjar @Steve 

Hello Sirs, would it be possible to have a look at my potential bug above ? 

thanks !

As the error message is coming from the missin key colun, it sounds the reason could be in your FILTER() formula. What is that exactly? Does it work if the security filter is not set at all?

Hi AleksiAlkio,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything works fine when i deactivate the security filter.

my filter formula is as follow: "Filter("1 Depot", ISNOTBLANK([Order qty]))"

@AleksiAlkio 

And I just changed my security filter option from : 

"[status] = on"

to :

"or([Status] ="on", [Status] = "") "

Now it is working with security filter on because the newly added row has a status "" which satisfies my new security filter.

But still can't figure why It doesn't work with the previous security filter since i activated the bypass security filter option. 

@AleksiAlkio Hello Again,

I just created a fresh new appsheet with juste one table and the same settings

to showcase the bug. please have a look.

Below is the app sample:

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/790365897

Thanks a lot !

Top Labels in this Space