Billing Library

Hey there! I'm currently in the middle of an app and have run into an issue that's got me stumped. 

So I am trying to build a billing library for my app, which is connected to outside forms which are used to quote the customer, and then a final bill of sale and receipt. 

The form collects the information about what services were used, and the quantity and cost of the services. When the final bill comes in I need to create an itemized invoice with the final costs and send it out. I got everything working and started importing data when I realized I hit a wall. 

Right now my invoice table uses references from the billing library table in the form of an enum list. But I can't have multiples of each library reference. So if I sell multiple of the same service, it's only getting recorded one time. How can I get around this and add a quantity? I will also need to add custom billing items with variable costs later on and I'm not sure how to even approach that yet lol. 

Technically I'm fine, but I'm having issues with how to actually approach this issue. 

0 1 33
1 REPLY 1

You would need to create a relationship between your tables and add those records from the billing library as child records. Then you could add quantities into them.

If the billing library is for general purpose, you would need to have another table where you copy the data from the library and then add the relation to your invoice record.

Top Labels in this Space