AppSheet Admin API's are bugged

@gmoothart It looks like the AppSheet Usage API is returning a broken CSV file.  First line of the Return CSV looks like this:

"User Id"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"User Email"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"App Id"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"App Internal Name"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Install link"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Browser link"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Runnable?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Deployed?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Public Sample?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Team Sample?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Secure?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Auth Provider"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Allow all signedin users?"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Monthly users"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Most recently used"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Least recently used"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"App Public Name"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Version"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Short Description"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Description"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"User Guidance"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"About Url"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Privacy Policy Url"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Category"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Function"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Industry"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Purpose"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Design Details"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Reference Url"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv"Owner Id"AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.6/9/2023.csv

It has AppSheet.TeamUsageAnalytics.{date}.csv interposed between things instead of a comma. 

Seems to have started for me a few days ago. 

Solved Solved
3 8 333
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the root cause and rolled back the offending change. This is now fixed in production. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I was not able to reproduce this. Can you file a support ticket with a bit more information. What account are you using to download the report? Are you downloading it via the My Team dashboard page or calling the API directly? Please let the support person know that they can assign the ticket to me directly.

I'm seeing the exact same issue:  AppSheet Team Billing API Response Corrupted - Google Cloud Community . I'll DM you my existing support case ID, for which I've received no status information since I originally submitted it a week ago.

I received today the first update from AppSheet Support. It was a message saying "We hope we were able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction." I confirmed that the bug has not been addressed as of the last time the relevant script ran, June 12 4:31:44 AM (US Eastern).

@shawncrabtree, can you confirm at least whether this is being worked on? Maybe provide an ETA for resolution?

FYI, @devingu, re another example of extremely ineffective interactions with AppSheet Support. 

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@shawncrabtree I reported this issue a few days ago. The issue started occurring on 2nd of june.

I DM you for the ID ticket 🙂

I found the root cause and rolled back the offending change. This is now fixed in production. 

Confirmed, got it to work today. 

Thank you @shawncrabtree 

Confirmed working, as well! 

Thanks for the quick fix 👍 @shawncrabtree 

Thanks @Aurelien & @dbaum for the corroboration 💪

@Stefan_QREW wrote:

Thanks for the quick fix 👍 @shawncrabtree 

Thank you, @Stefan_QREW, for finding a way to get AppSheet's attention. The fix was pretty quick after you did that, but not after the issue was initially reported. Based on this thread, the person who got it fixed only even became aware of the issue due to your post here and not via multiple AppSheet Support cases.

Top Labels in this Space